OUR CONSTITUTION At present we are not including this on the website as we realize it takes a lot of reading. However, if you have one you can refer to any issue concerning the general administration of the allotments. We intend to issue all members with a copy but if you don’t have one and would like one you can contact the secretary who will gladly forward a copy to you.
Dear Volunteer of Maesgeirchen,
We’re getting in touch with you as a member of a group in Maesgeirchen. You may have seen the below via email or on facebook as a call to action as we need to recruit more members to the Steering Group to be able to continue with the programme (and access some of the £1 million). As you know groups play an important role in the community, so we are keen to have a representative from each group in the area hence this direct invite.
Here’s a bit of a timeline on where we’ve got to so far:
- Feb 2016 – 1st community meeting at Ysgol Glancegin – an introduction to the programme
- Apr 2016 – 2nd community meeting at Ysgol Glancegin – an invitation to join the programme
- Easter 2016 – family event in the church partly funded by Invest Local
- May 2016 – 3rd community meeting at Ysgol Glancegin – forming the steering group – decision made to meet within PMP meetings, open to everyone
- Monthly meetings (ongoing) – Invest Local 1st point on PMP agenda
- June 2016 – steering group decide to employ Andy to run the consultation
- August – October 2016 – consultation runs. Andy attends several groups/events and supports organising of Summer fun day in August (partly funded by Invest Local)
- December 2016 – Xmas event partly funded by Invest Local – results of the consultation shared
- April & May 2017 – 3 x 3hr action planning sessions to respond to the consultation
- May 2017 – decision to continue to meet within PMP meetings for now – agenda item moved to end as more work to do now/decisions to make re: what projects and how much to spend on them in plan to use some of the £1million.
And so this last point is where we’ve got to so far. The decisions we make from now on – so what we put in the plan and for how much money, e.g. how much to spend on a feasibility study for a community centre, events and activities in the community etc., have to be passed by the steering group and we need more members to be able to do that – so we’d ask you to really consider sending a representative from your group to be a member of the steering group. Having members like yourself has the potential to really strengthen the group through the contribution of a variety of experience and wider representation of the community.
Next meeting is Tuesday 11th July 6.30pm at the PMP offices – hope to see you there!
Maesgeirchen Invest Local Steering Group
p.s. If you can’t make this next meeting but want to become a steering group member/get involved please let Gwen know on 07736 158829 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens Ffederasiwn Ffermydd Dinesig a Gerddi Cymunedol
Ty Gwydyr | Greenhouse, 1 Trevelyan Terrace, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 1AX
North Wales Development Worker
Gweithiwr Datblygu Gogledd Cymru
Tel: 01248 208630 Mobile: 07910 498762
Note – this training will be run on two consecutive Saturdays – the content is the same but the first will be delivered in Welsh – the second in English.
Eich Rhandir Newydd – Lle i Ddechrau
Bydd yr hyfforddiant hwn yn cynnwys canllawiau i bwyllgorau rheoli rhandiroedd a chytundebau tenantiaeth, cyngor ar rheoli dŵr, profi pridd, agwedd, sut i glirio plot newydd neu un sydd wedi tyfu’n wyllt, sut i ddylunio eich plot, systemau gwahanol o dyfu, a rheolaeth plâu a chlefydau organig. Bydd pecyn adnoddau ar gael efo cysylltiadau ac awgrymiadau. Mae’n addas ar gyfer pobl sy’n weddol newydd i arddio rhandiroedd, bobl sy’n sefydlu safleoedd newydd, a phobl sydd newydd gael plot neu sydd ar restr aros. Bydd y diwrnod yn cynnwys ymweliad â safle rhandir newydd yn Groeslon, felly cofiwch wisgo dillad addas. Mae’r digwyddiad hwn yn rhad ac am ddim ac yn cynnwys te a choffi – cofiwch ddod â phecyn bwyd.
Ebrill 21, 2012 9.45 AM – 3:00 PM
Lon Cefn Glyn
Your New Allotment – Where to Start.
This training will include a guide to allotment management committees and tenancy agreements, water, soil testing, aspect, how to clear a new or disused plot, how to design your plot, different systems of growing, organic management of pests and diseases. There will be a resource pack to take away with links and suggestions. It is suitable for people who are fairly new to allotment gardening, people who are setting up new sites, and people who have just been allocated plots or are on a waiting list. The day will include a site visit to the proposed new allotment site in Groeslon so please wear suitable clothes. This event is free and includes tea and coffee – please bring a packed lunch.
April 28th, 2012 9:45 AM – 3:00 PM